I’ve recently confirmed my attendance to the OLDE CITY, NEW BLOOD Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance Convention in St. Augustine, Florida. The con will be held February 8-10, 2013, and will feature a gaggle of UF/PNR authors, book bloggers, and readers. This is the inaugural year for OCNB so it should be a lot of fun. Click on the picture link below for more information.
Today is Day 1 of Office Cleaning/Organization Week, which I’ve been putting off for far too long. To make a long story short, I ran across extra copies of both BLOOD LAW and BLOOD SECRETS. Since I don’t have much use for them outside of making lovely paperweights and since tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, I thought I’d share the love.
So here’s the deal:
1. Leave a comment on this post listing your favorite sappy love song. You know the one’s I mean. The 80′s power ballads. The 70′s peace and love and happy fluffy bunny cloud folk songs. You love ‘em. You hate ‘em. You hate to love ‘em.
2. Contest begins February 13 and ends 12:00AM (midnight) February 15. Winners announced February 16.
3. Two lucky winners will receive signed copies of both BLOOD LAW and BLOOD SECRETS.
4. One entry per person. Winners will be selected at random.
5. Due to the short time frame for this contest, I’m restricting it to US readers only. (Sorry, International Readers! I’ll include you in the next one.)
Have fun and good luck to all!
Today is the official launch day for INSIDE THE POD: A Look Inside a Working Writers’ Critique Group — a weekly blog in which I’ll be participating along with my fellow authors and critique partners, Michelle Ladner and Alexis Lampley, aka “The Ninja Peas.”
We launch with a brief history of how we came to be critique partners, but more importantly friends who love and support one another through the trials and tribulations of the publishing industry… and who will gladly sacrifice one another during a zombie apocalypse due to highly developed senses of self-preservation.
INSIDE THE POD isn’t a “how to” blog for writers or a “guide” to publishing. Instead, it will focus on how our little band of misfits works together to make each of us the best writers we can be. We’ll also discuss books we’ve read — not reviews but actual discussions — and off a glimpse into the chaotic silliness that comes with our weekly critique meetings.
It’s all in good awesome nerdy fun so be sure to head over to the POD and say “Hi!” to the Ninja Peas.
Up for grabs: 2 signed copies of BLOOD SECRETS. Click link below for details.
They can be cute and cuddle playmates for children. They can also be evil creatures intent on eating your soul. They can be beautiful pieces of art. They can also be the stuff of nightmares.
But for the Dollmaker in BLOOD SECRETS, they are… special…
Chances are good that you’ve encountered dolls somewhere in your lifetime. Either you’ve enjoyed their company or you’ve run screaming in terror. I would be the latter if the doll in question is a clown. I used to think clowns were great. Then I saw Poltergeist. Nuh uh. No, thank you. And then, because I just can’t leave well enough alone, I read Stephen King’s IT…and saw the movie adaptation. Pennywise…Tim Curry… Yeah, that ended my relationship with clowns and clown dolls. Nope. Not interested. Beat it, Bozo.
So now I want to hear your best — and it can either be happy or creepy or somewhere in between — doll-centric memory or story. It doesn’t have to be long, just a few lines. Whatever you’re comfortable telling.
Here are the rules:
1. Leave your stories in the comments section for this post.
2. Contest will run until midnight (CT) July 11, 2011. Winner will be announced July 12, 2011.
3. One entry per person.
4. THREE winners chosen at random will receive signed copies of BLOOD SECRETS.
5. Contest is open to international readers.
There you have it, folks. Have fun.
Thanks to all who commented on the BLOOD LAW & BLOOD SECRETS Cover Art Contest! Winner will be announced in the morning — June 28, 2011 — so be sure to check back.
We have a winner!
Excluding my two posts in the comments section, there were a total of 23 entries. Thanks to www.random.org, we have a winner:
Poster #15 — Raven!!
Winner has been notified via email. Thanks to all who entered.
Don’t forget to check out the list of current giveaways and interviews for more chances to win. Also, check out the Crimson Swan Shot Glass contest…and check back here later today for more fun!